Friday, May 20, 2011

My "famous" enchiladas

Since Kyle and I got married, we have tried out many new recipes-most have gone well, but this one has been a repeat many times! Wanted to share this awesome recipe with you, found it on allrecipes which is an awesome resource and then I put my own twist on it. (something I learned to do from my Grandma D) We always make this when we are heading over to my parents house, it's way too much food for two people, so make sure you invite some friends over!


Ingredients
  • 1 small can condensed cream of chicken soup (make sure it's the condensed version)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
  • 10-12 small tortillas (I definitely recommend Kroger's homemade tortillas-I tried the salsa ones this last time and they were awesome)
  • 2ish cup shredded Cheddar cheese

I cook about three chicken breasts in the slow cooker with chicken broth for around 2 hours and then shred it up before beginning.

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a small bowl mix the soup and sour cream; set aside.
  3. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and chili powder, and saute until tender. Stir in the chicken, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
  4. Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, add a sprinkle of cheese. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in the baking dish.
  6. Spoon remaining soup mixture on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
  7. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
It's an awesome recipe, put your own twist on it and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment