Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Friday Adventures

Another late Friday adventures post... It's been a busy couple of weeks! Friday was the start of #fiestadejackson Aarika and Tyler's wedding weekend! The wedding was in McKinney so Kyle and I got a hotel for the weekend so we could spend more time at the celebrations and less time in the car. It was a great decision and such a fun weekend!


My Friday morning began with writing my blog for the previous weekend (like I said it's been a busy couple of weeks)


Our rose bushes bloomed about a month ago and I haven't given them much attention since then, so I went out and pruned (is that the right word?) them and trimmed off the dead buds so hopefully more will bloom! We have been so blessed to have found such a wonderful house, and the beautiful flowers are definitely a big plus!

We loaded up the car with what looked like enough stuff to go on a week vacation, got Buddy dropped off at my parents and then made a quick lunch stop at Chick-fil-a before heading out!


The wedding was in McKinney, but we stayed in Plano and were close to Stonebriar Mall so we headed over there to walk around. (Also went to Target since I never pass up a chance to go there!)


They had a sushi restaurant with a conveyor belt, where you just grab what you want and they count up your plates at the end. We didn't eat there but I thought it was awesome.

Then we stopped by the Lego store and made our own mini figs, we didn't end up buying them but they look pretty close to us...


I even put short legs on mine so that the height difference would be accurate. Kyle's looks more like him than mine looks like me, there weren't many girl faces to choose from.


They had an awesome Lego display of the State Fair of Texas. Legos are so awesome, wish I could build something like that!

My dad took his test with the FAA on Friday and passed so he is officially a private pilot! Had to share my tweet that I sent out cause the hashtag is pretty awesome...


We found an old school candy shop in the mall and walked around, they had a chocolate library! Somehow we managed to get out of there without buying anything!


We headed over to Embassy Suites so I could check in since that's where the bachlorette party was taking place. I brought snacks and desserts so Kyle helped me set everything up so that it would be ready when we came later.


Kyle had a night to himself while I headed out with the girls for the bachlorette party. We went to Henry's Tavern in Plano. The food was good, it was a little loud but we had a great time!

I just love her, so thankful for her friendship

Had to take a selfie!

Celebrating

The bachlorette gifts
The weekend was so much fun--it was great to get to hang out with Aarika and Kendra again and to get to meet some great girls! By the end of the weekend I didn't want to leave cause it was such a great group! The wedding was absolutely beautiful, truly a picture of God's love. Aarika and Tyler's individual stories are amazing and their story together is even more incredible and I am so blessed to have been a part of their celebration!


Until next week...
M

No comments:

Post a Comment