Thursday, June 9, 2011

Your love is strong

I love how songs can meet you where you are and speak to your heart. It really catches me off guard sometimes and shows me God's always with me. The words to this song are so simple yet are so true for me, not only that but I have so many memories of this song. I first heard it at UBC in Waco, it always seems to come on my ipod when I need to hear it the most, and me and Kyle played it at our wedding during our prayer time. It's a beautiful song, I hope you listen to it or at least read through the words.



I look out the window

The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

The kingdom of the heavens
Is now advancing
Invade my heart
Invade this broken town
The kingdom of the heavens
Is buried treasure
Will you sell yourself
To buy the one you've found?

Two things you told me
That you are strong
And you love me
Yes, you love me

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of this song! So often (as you know) I try to do things on my own strength and I have to rely on Him.

    "So why do I worry?
    Why do I freak out?
    God knows what I need
    You know what I need"

    Thanks for that today Maddie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete