Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grace.

Seems like an easy word to get a grasp on, to understand, to know what it means, and yet so difficult to accept. Tonight was God showing me I'm not accepting the grace He is pouring out on me, I'm continuously picking up my burdens and chains and carrying them around with me every day, I'm relying on my own strength and it fails me every time. This isn't the first time He's shown me this, and I would love to say it will be the last but I know it won't be, I want it to be though. I want to be able to lay down my worries and fears and not pretend like they don't exist but just trust in His timing and plan. After I poured all my heart out and sat there discouraged by the fact that yet again I'm in this situation, Wholly Yours came on my Pandora station. I've always loved this song, and tonight it just drilled into my heart exactly what I needed to hear

The harder I try the more clearly can I feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all.
And so this might be the most impossible thing Your grandness in me making me clean.

Just like I can't rely on my own strength to get through each day I can't rely on my own strength to change my heart, I have to realize that comes through His grace.

"...He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you..." 1 Peter 1:3-4


2 comments:

  1. What can I say to that other than "AMEN!" Thank you for sharing everything that God is doing in you. I know anyone else who reads this will be as encouraged as I am!

    ReplyDelete